- The OPEN DAYS – European Week of Regions and Cities is an annual four-day event during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union cohesion policy, and prove the importance of the local and regional level for good European governance. The OPEN DAYS 2013 will take place in Brussels from 7th – 10th October and the workshop “Innovative policies and solutions for active ageing” on October 8th from 9h00 to 13h00 at the Liaison Agency Flanders-Europe (VLEVA).
- Updated information about project initiative available on the web site www.innovage-project.eu.
Within the framework of the Thematic Program Capitalization initiative of the Interregional Cooperation Program, the projects INNOVAge – CASA – DAA that relate to the Demographic change thematic area, put together their efforts in organizing a jointly initiative during the Open Days 2013: a workshop on “Innovative policies and solutions for active ageing” that will take place at VLEVA in Brussels on October 8th.
INNOVAge, CASA and DAA look at the complex issues that arise from demographic ageing and the many challenges that the future poses on European senior care. The projects aim at finding sustainable, innovative and practical solutions that enable longer independent living, an economically feasible care for seniors and totally new ways of thinking about the structuring of senior care by using innovative methodologies. The projects also give opportunities for innovative companies to develop new tools and services.
- CASA – Consortium for Assistive Solutions Adoption – is about the development of regional policy and the exchange of knowledge around the up scaling of innovative ICT and services for independent living. Demographic changes make it necessary to organize the care and housing of senior citizens and chronically ill in a smarter way including the use of ICT. This also gives opportunities for innovative companies to develop new tools and services.
- DAA – The Design-led Innovations for Active Ageing project – consists of a network of cities that drastically need to find economic and innovative yet sustainable solutions for senior care. Each partner city brings a best practice in the field of senior care and a need for a policy.
- INNOVAge project aims at helping older people to live independently for longer in their own homes by increasing their autonomy and by the emerging of new ‘technological supply chains’ associated with new developments like independent living and eco-innovation, with a valuable contribution to minimize environmental impact of elderly daily life activities.
The workshop organized by the regional partnership “Active Ageing” will start giving an overview regarding the general approach on the issues of demographic change and challenges of ageing. It will be followed by a best practice session on the challenges, opportunities, barriers and policy responses and solutions as well as the exchange of best practices and local solutions. Through the workshops, the partnership has the goals to provide a forum for sharing innovative solutions and improving the effectiveness of local policies by learning from best practices elsewhere, in order to find strategic competencies to support policy making and to raise awareness of the great/massive societal challenges that ageing poses. After the 2012 European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations, more in-depth and practical solutions need to be brought to discussion when it comes to innovative ways of responding to the ageing of population in Europe.
More information about the projects, workshops and the Open Days 2013 are available on the following web sites: